Your first visit with Bandeen Orthodontics of Three Rivers
At Bandeen Orthodontics of Three Rivers, our number one priority is to provide you with the best patient experience possible. Whether you’re in need of braces, retainers, or other orthodontic care, our team will do everything we can to ensure your comfort and exceed your expectations on your first visit and every visit thereafter.
At your first orthodontic visit, you can expect the following:
- PICTURES: We will take pictures of your teeth and smile. Sometimes it can be difficult to see everything when looking at yourself in a mirror. It’s nice to be able to look at your pictures together with you so that we can show you what we see. Seeing what you look like in pictures makes it easier to understand your needs and options.
- COMPLIMENTARY X-RAY IF NEEDED: After one of our doctors sees your pictures and/or takes a look at your smile, we sometimes will recommend taking an x-ray. We only take x-rays if they are needed and for specific reasons. Not everyone needs an x-ray at their first visit.
- TIME TO TALK TO A DOCTOR: You will have one-on-one time with a doctor to talk about your orthodontic care. One of our doctors will give you treatment options and will discuss why you might choose one option over another.
- REVIEW YOUR OPTIONS: Our treatment coordinator will review with you your orthodontic treatment options, answer additional questions, and will also discuss financial information related to your care.
- POSSIBLY START TREATMENT IF YOU’RE READY: If you are ready to proceed with your treatment and would like to save yourself one or two additional visits, we can often get started with your care at your first visit! During your initial visit, we can take x-rays and computer modeling. You don’t have to schedule another appointment to get started.
It’s also important to note that you do not need a referral from a general dentist to receive orthodontic treatment.